City Council Regular Meeting
Monday, September 26 at 7:00 pm
The Nelsonville City Council will hold a regular Council meeting on Monday, September 26, 2022, at 7:00PM in Council Chambers at City Hall.
Citizens comments and business and organizational comments may be made in person or Emailed to email@example.com by 1PM, Monday, September 26, 2022. The meeting may be streamed on the City of Nelsonville YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/bhv6bp4u. The public is invited and encouraged to attend.
Scheduled for Monday, October 31, 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm
The City of Nelsonville announces that Trick-Or-Treat; Beggar’s Night will be held on Monday, October 31, 2022, from 6:30PM to 7:30PM. It is important to use caution and plan ahead. Decisions on whether to participate should be made by individuals, and parents/guardians.
Always follow current state public health orders and rules/regulations established by your local community and check the Ohio Public Health Advisory System to determine COVID-19 risk levels in Athens County before making decisions about Halloween activities.
To help ensure adults and children have a safe Halloween, the City of Nelsonville has compiled a list of Halloween safety tips. Before Halloween arrives, be sure to choose a costume that will not cause safety hazards. It is strongly recommended that Ohioans exercise caution when deciding to participate in trick-or-treating and events that put them in close contact with people outside their households. To lower risk, consider safer, socially distant ways to celebrate.
- Do not hold large in-person Halloween parties. If holding smaller parties, limit attendance to 10 or fewer people and hold the event in an outdoor area where social distancing is possible. Avoid activities, such as bobbing for apples, that foster the spread of infection.
- Always wear a face covering and stay 6 feet away from people who are not from your household, whether trick-or- treating, passing out treats, or attending attractions or events. Stay home if you are sick. (NOTE: Face coverings should never be placed on children younger than 2 or anyone who cannot easily remove them.)
- Carry hand sanitizer and use it often, especially after coming into contact with frequently touched surfaces and before eating candy.
- Consider the people in your household who may be at greater risk of complications if COVID-19 is brought into the home, such as those with certain health conditions, women who are pregnant, or older family members.
- If taking your children trick-or-treating, limit the number of houses you visit and ask your children to stay as far from treat-givers as possible. For small children, consider holding the bag for them.
- Wipe off candy wrappers with sanitizing wipes when you arrive home. (NOTE: Never wipe unpackaged food with wipes.)
- Allow children to eat only factory-wrapped treats. Avoid homemade treats made by strangers.
- Stay home if you or your child feels sick, has symptoms of COVID-19 or is at high risk of complications.
- For trick-or-treating, reach out to neighbors to discuss ways to ensure 6-foot social distancing, how candy can most safely be distributed, and the need for face coverings.
- Refrain from having children select their own treats from a bowl/common container or set up a hand-sanitizing station. Consider placing treats on porch steps or a table in the driveway with a sign asking children to take only one. Or use other creative ways to distribute treats, such as using a candy “slide” made of PVC pipe, or hanging treats from a wall or fence.
- All costumes, wigs and accessories should be fire-resistant.
- Avoid masks, which can obstruct vision.
- If children are allowed out after dark, fasten reflective tape to their costumes and bags, or give them glow sticks.
- When buying Halloween makeup, make sure it is nontoxic and always test it in a small area first.
- Remove all makeup before children go to bed to prevent skin and eye irritation.
When They're on the Prowl
- A responsible adult should accompany young children on the neighborhood rounds.
- If your older children are going alone, plan and review a route acceptable to you.
- Agree on a specific time children should return home.
- Teach your children never to enter a stranger's home or car.
- Instruct children to travel only in familiar, well-lit areas and stick with their friends.
- Tell your children not to eat any treats until they return home.
- Children and adults are reminded to put electronic devices down, keep heads up and walk, don't run, across the street.
- Drivers are urged to use extreme caution while driving in the Nelsonville area and watch for the children during this time period.
Road Closure Notice
Chestnut Street, East Canal Street to Burr Oak Blvd.
Tuesday, September 27, 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
The City of Nelsonville announces that Chestnut Street from East Canal Street to Burr Oak Boulevard will be closed to traffic and no parking will be permitted Tuesday, September 27, 2022, between the hours of 7:00AM and 6:00PM. The roadway is being closed as part of a roadway paving repair project. Please avoid this area and use an alternate route.
Road Closure: Lower High Street
Tuesday, September 20, 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm
The City of Nelsonville announces that Lower High Street will be closed to traffic between 5:30PM until 9:00PM this evening, Tuesday, September 20, 2022, from 3rd Street to Burr Oak Boulevard due to fire department training in the area.
Please avoid this area and use an alternate route.
Planning and Development Committee Meeting Recording
From Monday, September 19, 2022
The City of Nelsonville Planning and Development Committee held a meeting on Monday, September 19, 2022 at 6:30PM. The meeting was held to discuss D.O.R.A., Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area legislation.
City Building Lot & Main Driveway Closed
Tuesday, September 20 for paving
The City of Nelsonville announces that the main driveway and parking lot for the City Building will be closed for paving Tuesday, September 20, 2022. City offices can be accessed through the secondary entrance on Lake Hope Drive past the main building. The project is expected to take the full day on Tuesday.
The City Building parking lot is being paved so that it is ADA compliant and compliant with a recent USDA loan audit. The paving is being funded by city hall improvement funds, and no street funds are being used for this project.
Finance Committee Meeting Recording
From Wednesday, September 14, 2022
The City of Nelsonville Finance Committee held a meeting on Wednesday, September 14, 2022, at 6:00PM. The meeting was held to discuss City finances.
Planning and Development Committee Meeting
Monday, September 19 at 6:30 pm
The City of Nelsonville Planning and Development Committee will hold a meeting on Monday, September 19, 2022, at 6:30PM at City Hall. The meeting is being held to discuss D.O.R.A., Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area legislation.
Citizens comments may be made in person or Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1PM, Monday, September 19, 2022. The meeting may be streamed on the City of Nelsonville YouTube channel https://tinyurl.com/bhv6bp4u. The public is invited and encouraged to attend.
Dog Park Board Meeting
Thursday, September 15 at 6:00 pm
The Nelsonville Dog Park Board will hold a will hold a meeting on Thursday, September 15, 2022, at 6:00PM, at City Hall. The meeting is being held to discuss,
- Grants and fundraising
- Local partnerships
- Dog park design
- Dog park rules
Citizens comments and business and organizational comments may be made in person or Emailed to email@example.com by 1PM, Thursday, September 15, 2022. The public is invited and encouraged to attend.
Finance Committee Meeting
Wednesday, September 14 at 6:30 pm
The City of Nelsonville Finance Committee will hold a meeting on Wednesday, September 14, 2022, at 6:30PM at City Hall. The meeting is being held to discuss City finances.
Citizens comments may be made in person or Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1PM, Wednesday, September 14, 2022. The meeting may be streamed on the City of Nelsonville YouTube channel https://tinyurl.com/bhv6bp4u. The public is invited and encouraged to attend.