City Council VIRTUAL Meeting
Monday, July 13 at 7:00 pm
Nelsonville City Council will meet in regular session Monday, July 13, 2020 at 7pm.
City Council VIRTUAL Special Session
Tuesday, July 14 at 7:00 pm
Nelsonville City Council will meet in Special Session Tuesday, July 14, 2020 at 7PM. The purpose of the meeting is to interview candidates for the open council seats.
There will be an executive session and there is the possibility of action in open session after the interviews.
Civil Service Commission Open Positions
The Municipal Civil Service Commission of the City of Nelsonville has 2 open positions available.
- The Commission is composed of three (3) persons who are appointed by council.
- The commission serves in the manner provided for in Section 124.40 of the Ohio Revised Code and rules and regulations of the Nelsonville Municipal Civil Service Commission relative to civil service in the City of Nelsonville.
- One for a term of two (2) years, one for a term of three (3) years.
- The commission meets on an as needed basis.
Send your letter of interests to Scott Frank, Nelsonville City Manager at email@example.com or mail to 211 Lake Hope Drive, Nelsonville, Ohio 45764.
Police and Fire & Finance Committee Meetings
Police and Fire Committee: Thursday, July 9 at 7:00 pm
The City of Nelsonville Police and Fire Committee will hold a virtual meeting on Thursday, July 9, 2020 at 7:00PM. The meeting is being held to discuss City Code and Police procedures. The public may not attend the meeting in person. The meeting will be streamed on the City of Nelsonville Facebook Page (City of Nelsonville, Ohio, @nelsonvillecity).
Finance Committee: Thursday, July 9 at 8:00 pm
The City of Nelsonville Finance Committee will hold a virtual meeting on Thursday, July 9, 2020 at 8:00PM. The meeting is being held to discuss the city’s finances. The public may not attend the meeting in person. The meeting will be streamed on the City of Nelsonville Facebook Page (City of Nelsonville, Ohio, @nelsonvillecity).
Partial Road Closure
East Side Poplar Street at Harper Street
Wednesday, July 8, 7:00 am through Friday, July 10, 4:00 pm
The City of Nelsonville announces that the east side of Poplar Street at Harper Street will be closed at 7:00 AM Wednesday, July 8, 2020 until 4:00 PM Friday, July 10, 2020. Poplar Street will only be closed on the east side of the intersection and all houses east of Harper Street will still be accessible heading west bound from Second Street. The roadway is being closed for an emergency storm sewer repair.
Please use an alternate route.
City of Nelsonville Yard Sale Guidelines
The City of Nelsonville Code Enforcement Office wants to make the residents of Nelsonville aware that there is a city ordinance that outlines the rules for yard and or garage sales in the City of Nelsonville. We have listed those rules below.
- Four (4) sales per year
- No more than three (3) days in duration
- Sales can start as early as 8:00 am and run during daylight hours only
- Signs advertising the sale can be erected on the premises or on the public right-of-way adjacent to the property
- Signs can not be posted off-site on utility poles, public utilities such as traffic control panels, or on private property except with the permission of the property owner
- Signs need to be removed after twenty-four (24) hours at end of sale.
- Sale merchandise is limited to household and personal items and shall not include separately obtained or purchased items or merchandise where the sale of such items would constitute a business activity or otherwise constitute a business use required to be located in a commercial or industrial zoning district
Please contact Becky Barber, Code Enforcement Officer, if you have any
questions or concerns.
(740) 753-1314 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Aquatic Center Opening Tuesday, July 7
The City of Nelsonville announces that the city’s aquatic center will open for the 2020 season on Tuesday, July 7, 2020. The aquatic center will be operating under modified rules and rates due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. The COVID-19 aquatics center rules and general information are available on our Aquatic Center Informational Page and via the links at the bottom of this announcement.
The pool will have a maximum occupancy of 125 persons with two swim sessions daily. Session one, 11:00 AM to 2:30 PM and session two, 3:00 PM to 6:30 PM. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Admission for ages 0-2 is free. Admission for ages 3 and above is $4.00 for Nelsonville residents and $5.00 for out of towners.
We apologize for any inconvenience these restrictions may cause but they are necessary for the safety for everyone. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.